Saturday 27 August 2011

wedding dress

I walked into the laundry shop with fast stride, handed the receipt to the worker and stood against the counter as he went into the room to fetch my dress. Some moments later, he walked to the counter and handed me the wedding dress.
     
     "That's a beautiful one, Mrs. Lee." he commented while I searched for bills in my purse. I shook my head as I gave him the bills. 
     
     "Indeed. But, I'm no longer Mrs. Lee." He promptly looked up at me with blank expression.
     
      "Excuse me?"
     
     "This dress lasted in this shop longer than my marriage," I said nonchalantly before disappearing behind the doors. I didn't even have the will to cry about my failing marriage. I just wanted to get through with life, after love failed me, hard. 

No comments: