Wednesday 27 June 2012

my opinion : dragon quest ix sentinels of the starry skies

It's holiday, again, so I just HAVE to play another rpg game :D 

Last year I played Dragon Quest V : Hand of the Heavenly Bride, and had a good time! Considering it was my first rpg game, i really like the easily navigated interface and the interesting storyline (which is one of the reasons i took up rpg after decades of playing unfinished Harvest Moon)

This year, I decided to try on Dragon Quest IX : Sentinels of the Starry Skies. Initially I intended to try out either Children of Mana or Disgaea DS but i guess i am more comfortable  continuing with the Dragon Quest chronicles. 



i can't say i'm not impressed with this game. first, the storyline is sooo interesting! there's so many unexpected events and great stories that i feel as if i can make sole stories out of them :D 

next, you can frigging costumize your character, and also the rest of the party! these are the characters that I have currently. 

Alyss, the minstrel


Eddard, the warrior


Shae, the martial artist


Jaqen, the priest


the other thing i like about this game is the battle scenes. this is one aspect that amazes me the most. the system is pretty much the same as Dragon Quest games before it, but i like the first and third person perspective applied, as it enable me to watch the battle that's going on. and i particularly am still amazed by the slow-mo thing that happen when the characters do their critical hit. SO COOL! 

so i'm on the beginning of the long way of meeting the final boss, so good luck me! hehe.

p/s : if the names seems familiar to you, they're from Game of Thrones! (except Alyss) :D obviously i'm still in the fever haha

No comments: